At its headquarters of Ingolstadt, Neckarsulm, Györ (AUDI HUNGARIA MOTOR Kft.), Brüssel (AUDI BRUSSELS S.A./N.V.) and Sant’Agata Bolognese (Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.) the AUDI AG develops and produces cars with ground-breaking technological innovations, emotional design and high quality standards. Political and corporate requirements concerning lower carbon emissions, environmental protection and sustainability demand consequent lightweight construction strategies. Accordingly, HPDC parts with the potential of functional integration together with mass reduction play a key role in future car concepts. The Technology Development division of AUDI, which comprises the experimental foundry activities, concentrates on innovative solutions in order to primarily produce complex HPDC car components in-house. As for adequate process know-how and sufficient stability, the development and implementation of a highly-productive cognitive system for process-control and optimisation is of a prior-ranking interest for AUDI.
AUDI is interested in the end-user application and industrial validation of the monitoring and cognitive system for the HPDC process including the following activities:
· Set-up and implementation of the cognitive system including hardware and software periphery in a predefined HPDC die
· Assessment of the productive efficiency and energy efficiency based on specific HPDC car components (structure, power transmission and chassis suspension)
· System evaluation concerning different industrially relevant objectives (e.g. porosity, hot crack susceptibility or part deformations)
· Life cycle evaluation of dies due to an expected more uniform thermal regime and less thermal shocks
Specific experience, referred to specific tasks:
* Experience in the design of automotive lightweight structures
* Extensive process knowledge (process parameters, defect types)
* Expertise in the analysis of simulations and assessment of experimental studies
* Experience in process design and optimization.
AUDI AG AUDI Aktiengesellschaft85045 Ingolstadt, Germanywww.audi.de
Key persons involved in the project
Dr.-Ing. Bernd Kujat: In the company since 2013, working in the field of research and development at the casting technology division of AUDI. He studied mechanical engineering at the University of Hannover and worked 6 years as a research engineer at the Institute of Material Science of the Leibniz University Hannover in the field of magnesium and aluminium casting technology.
Role in the project: HPDC, DEM
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 0049 84189572544